Monday, August 10, 2009

Termignoni!

July 9, 2008 - Wednesday

Woot! The Termignoni finally arrived at my mech's!

I swung by there today over lunch on my way to Oma's, and Achim informed me off-hand that the Termignonis had arrived. I'd meant to ask what was up with them; I'd never expected him to say they were finally in stock.

He ordered the aluminum ones. I'd actually wanted a full titanium one (about 30% more expensive) but Achim says that aside from the weight, there's not too much of a difference. Titanium is more rust-resistant, but most folks have the aluminum and it works great. Cost: 1250.- Add the cost of the mech's work to that, and I think I won't be doing too badly with the aluminum exhaust.

Now the only thing left to figure out is when to have it mounted. The earliest date the mech can manage is June 28; but I'm thinking I don't want to cross the border for Löchen's and my Schwarzwald tour with a full-power bike. (After all, I'm supposed to ride it limited to 34 PS for two years.) I'll ask Löchen about it tonight, but either way - in August at the latest the Beastie will become the Beast, with all 92 PS and even more of a Harley growl. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment