Monday, August 3, 2009

First step to customizing

January 29, 2008 - Tuesday

Dude, I'm happy. I won't have to pay hundreds in customs to order the customizing parts of Germany. My Buell garage can get everything for me. I'll place an order next week, methinks. I'll start off with the unpainted plastics - front mask, seat cover, air filter cover and front mudflap. I'm not sure if I can afford it all at once... Maybe start with the two small pieces, get them painted by the guy that Kevin knows, and take it from there. My Beastie's going to look awesome when I'm done with it...

But one step at a time. This evening I'll replace the foot peg and brake lever that Kristin broke yesterday. Dani, who works at my garage, buried his face in his hands when I admitted the bike had been knocked over again. But I was real quick to add it hadn't been my fault this time...

I've got a reputation there, but with all the money they get from me for pegs and levers, and all the money they'll be getting from me for customizing components, I don't think it's all bad.

I gotta ask Kevin on MSN tonight for contact information for the airbrusher.

No comments:

Post a Comment