Monday, August 10, 2009

Back on the drug

June 19, 2008 - Thursday

Freut euch des Lebens. Oh yeah. I have no idea how the rest of the song goes - I guess I'll google it after I've posted this - but I've had that line going through my head since yesterday. Be happy about life. I can do that again.

Kevin was able to get the right screws from Bächli, and Florian generously agreed to postpone a computer class to pick me up from Opa's and drive me over the Albis to the Beastie.

The boys mounted and locktighted the screws. I put the hooks back on the seat. Then Kevin sat the bike and turned it one. It growled, its old Harley-engine self again. The seat held fine and the back looks great with the sleek aluminum mount and white LED light. We backed it out of the workshop and I put it in first gear. The clutch caught later than I remembered, but I think that's because I haven't driven for a week and a half. Anyway, the bike drove like it had never crashed.

I'd have loved to go for a drive for the rest of the evening, but there was work waiting for me at home, so I settled for the hop across the Albis. This weekend is coming, and it's not full. No shooting, no babysitting, and temperatures on the high end of 20°C. Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment