Monday, August 3, 2009

Sturmfrei - sort of

October 15, 2007 - Monday

If this morning was any indication, we're in a for a good week.

Mom and Dad left for five or six days or vacation in the French part, Jura, or some place over there. Anyway, they're gone. (This is Mom's third vacation. I thought with Dad having paid off our house that we were supposed to be frugal until next spring. But I guess needed the vacation real bad.)

I left for the office shortly before they left for the train, and despite the unusual density of red taillights on the Hauptstrasse, this was probably the fastest I've ever come into work. There was next to nobody in the city streets this morning. Usually, as in once per commute, I get stuck behind a van or semi that can't accelerate and that I can't see over - and I may be driving a cityfighter but I'll be darned if I try anything remotely risky until it's been to the garage and gotten new tires, a new break handle and whatever's loose in the Getriebe fixed. Anyway, this time there was nobody in front of me and all the lights were green.

It's not really a big deal, but still little things like a flat 50 km/h through the city to the office can make the start of a day so much better that usual.

I'm just hoping the Buell can make it another week, and that the rattling isn't anything serious. I don't like the sound of it, but it still drives... What an embarassment anyway. I laid the thing down twice in the first week I had it and bashed something bad enough the second time to require a garage visit. Florian isn't letting me hear the end of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment