Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bike transport by station wagon

Last weekend Silver, wreck sind September 20, 2008, finally came out into the daylight again. Keppi, a Buell customizer in Germany's Hallertau, 45 minutes northeast of Munich, will resurrect it. But in order to do that, I had to get it to him.
Since Silver was half disassembled and the front wheel was removed, Dad said it'd be smartest to load it into the back of his Skoda Octavia station wagon, instead of using Uncle Andy's trailer and having me drive to Germany with a trailer.
Aleks was kind enough to show up at 6 p.m. sharp, and with his help the loading went precisely as planned, to my immense surprise.
Guys are great to have around.
But Silver wasn't the only thing that needed to get to Keppi. I had a 12er engine in the back of the Bonnie that needed to go to. The transfer plan for that took almost more discussion than the loading of Silver had.
I wasn't much of a help, even I do look like I'm saying something really important.

Consider all options...
After all, a 1202 ccm Thunderstorm Motor is pretty big and heavy.

But guys are good at that sort of thing, and the engine joined the bike for a cozy and safe ride up to Germany.

Guys are awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Guys are awesome. I suggest always keeping one around-- for sheer brawn at least. :-P

    ReplyDelete